10.04.2008

XDR-TB

.
I wanted to share this critically important video - put together by one of the world's premier photographers, James Nachtwey - about a new form of tuberculosis spreading around the world. It's called eXtreme Drug Resistant TuBerculosis. There is little we can do to stop it unless we act asap.

It kills me to see people living in conditions like this. Where is worldwide compassion and sacrifice, to give up our ridiculously indulgent lifestyles and instead provide ways for people like this to live a better life? Even if we don't care about our fellow man, at the very least we ought to prevent XDR-TB from becoming a worldwide pandemic and spreading to us.

It is times like this that I stop and think: Am I using my abilities for good in this world? What is my purpose and vision? What more can I do?

No comments: